There are several platforms where you can list your property for short-term housing, some of the most popular mainstream ones are:
Vacation Rental Websites
- Airbnb: A well-known platform that connects property owners with travelers who are looking for short-term rentals. You can list your entire home, private room, or shared space for rent on Airbnb.
- VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner): VRBO is a popular platform for listing vacation rentals, including homes, apartments, and condos.
- Booking.com: Booking.com is a platform for booking hotel rooms and vacation rentals. You can list your property on Booking.com and start accepting reservations from guests.
- FindHomeAway: HomeAway is a platform that allows you to list your property for short-term rental and manage bookings and payments through their website.
- TripAdvisor: TripAdvisor is a platform that provides travelers with information and reviews of hotels, vacation rentals, and other travel-related businesses. You can list your property on TripAdvisor and connect with travelers who are interested in short-term rentals.
- Home to Go:HomeToGo is a leading vacation rental marketplace that offers a wide selection of rental properties to travelers around the world. With millions of listings from thousands of trusted partners. HomeToGo provides travelers with a comprehensive and convenient platform for finding their perfect vacation rental.
- Flip Key: This is a Trip Advisor owned website.
These platforms generally charge a fee for listing your property or a percentage when your property gets booked, processing payments, and providing other services. Before listing your property on any platform, be sure to review their terms and conditions, fees, and policies to make sure you understand what you’re agreeing to.
Classified & Apartment Rental Websites
There are several classified websites where you can list your home for rent, these are usually free of charge. Some popular ones include:
- Craigslist: A well-known classified website that allows you to list your rental property for free in the “Housing” section.
- Zillow: Zillow is a real estate website that provides information on homes for sale and rent. You can list your rental property on Zillow’s rental platform and reach a large audience of potential tenants.
- Rentals.com: Rentals.com is a website that specializes in connecting landlords and tenants. You can list your rental property on Rentals.com and reach a large audience of potential renters.
- FB Marketplace: Facebook Marketplace is a platform that allows users to buy and sell items in their local community. It’s a convenient and accessible way to connect with local buyers and sellers, making it easy to find great deals on a variety of products. Whether you’re looking for furniture, clothing, electronics, or anything in between, Facebook Marketplace has you covered.
- Apartments.com: Apartments.com is a website that specializes in apartment rentals. You can list your rental property on Apartments.com and reach a large audience of potential tenants.
- Rent.com: Rent.com is a website that specializes in connecting landlords and tenants. It provides a comprehensive platform for landlords to list their rental properties and for tenants to search for available rentals.
- Hot Pads: HotPads is a comprehensive real estate search platform that helps users find their next home or apartment. It offers a wide selection of rental listings, including apartments, houses, townhouses, and more.
- Zumper: Zumper is a rental platform that helps renters find their next apartment or home. It offers a wide selection of rental listings, including apartments, houses, townhouses, and more. With its user-friendly interface and advanced search tools, Zumper makes it easy to find the perfect rental based on location, price, number of bedrooms, and other important factors.
- Pad Mapper: PadMapper provides renters with access to a range of helpful resources, including detailed property descriptions, interactive maps, and landlord ratings to help them make informed decisions when searching for a rental.
These websites can be a great way to reach a large number of potential tenants quickly and easily. Be sure to include clear and accurate information about your property, such as location, amenities, rent amount, and lease terms. Additionally, be prepared to screen potential tenants to ensure that you find a responsible and trustworthy renter for your home.
Corporate Housing Websites
The final category of sites where you may be interested in listing your property are short-term housing and corporate lodging type sites. These sites are generally similar to vacation rental websites in that they will typically charge you a fee to list. The fee will come by way of a listing fee or a percentage-based fee upon each successful leasing of your unit.
- The Blueground: An international short-term furnished housing website with locations in multiple continents.
- Avenuewest: A very trustworthy corporate housing provider. Unsure of the exact terms and conditions to list your property.
- CHBO – The cost to list your property here is a yearly fee that starts at $399 for the “bronze” package.
- Furnished Finder: This is a very solid company with lots of U.S. coverage and strong traffic to their website. Furnished Finders is actually who we recommend to homeowners. If fact, if you call Blu’s 1-800 number and press #2 to list your property, the record tells you to list on Furnished Finder. We like these guys!
- Zeus: I am unsure of the exact process to list with Zeus, I have never gone through the steps and their listing page doesn’t offer much info. They are, however, a reputable corporate housing provider.
- National: National is one of the biggest corporate housing providers on the scene.
- Travelers Haven: This is our parent company. There is no signup page, and they don’t accept property owners with less than 10 rental units. But if you have at least 10 apartments or homes, you can email them at email@example.com to discuss becoming a partner.