Vacancy & Pricing Request

Frequently Asked Housing Questions


Stipend Questions (2)

Category: Stipend Questions

Housing stipends provided to employees as a part of their compensation package are generally considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States. This means that the employee must include the value of the housing stipend as part of their taxable income and pay federal income tax on it. However, there are some exceptions for certain types of housing allowances provided to specific groups, such as members of the military, clergy, and foreign service employees. It’s always a good idea to consult a tax professional or the IRS for more information on specific tax rules and regulations. Here is a good example the IRS gives for a minister getting a housing allowance.

Category: Stipend Questions

A housing stipend is a sum of money provided to an individual as financial assistance towards housing expenses. It is typically offered as part of a compensation package, and can be used to cover rent, mortgage payments, utilities, or other housing-related costs. Housing stipends are common in a variety of fields, including the military, government, and certain types of employment, and are intended to help offset the high cost of living in specific geographic areas or to provide support for individuals who are required to maintain a residence in a particular location for work purposes.