Click here to browse our housing listings
Corporate housing is one of the few real estate markets that has seen growth over the past five years. Despite falls almost everywhere else, the company rentals market has grown and shows no sign of stopping.
Furnished relocation housing is a rental provided predominantly to companies who want to house executives or traveling staff for longer than 30 days. They are generally furnished apartments or single family homes in nice areas and are of a high standard. They are designed to fill the gap between long-stay hotels and standard property rentals, and do a good job filling it.
Many corporate landlords or rentals agencies will accept non-corporate clients for longer stays, which is why we suggest they are ideal for a stress-free relocation.
List of housing companies who can help with relocation:
- Blu Corporate Housing – Yes, we do engage in self-promotion! Contact us.
- Travelers Haven – This is one of the top 3 corporate leasing companies in the country. Large staff and 24/7 customer service.
- Hotel Engine – This is a little different than your typical corporate housing provider. Hotel Engine specializes in hotel stays for short, mid, and long-term rental.
- CHBO – This is a self service provider. Think Air Bnb, only for corporate housing. Many options, including room rentals.
- Oakwood – This may be the oldest corporate housing provider on the block. Large inventory. Pricing can sometimes be on the high side.
- VRBO – This is technically for “vacation rentals”, but can be used for corporate relocations all the same. This is similar to the CHBO model.
- Craigslist – If you’re looking for budget options or roomshares, this is probably your best bet. Lotsa of different options can be found here from upscale to economy.
New City, New Life
Relocating to a new city for work or to seek employment opportunity is both exciting and scary. Everything is new, you don’t know anyone, you don’t know where anything is and it takes a long time to get oriented. If you’re moving for work, it is made a little easier as you will have colleagues to offset some of it. If you’re moving to seek opportunity you may not have that.
Using corporate lodging as a base when relocating to a new city offers the perfect platform to explore your new home. Of all the things you will worry about, where to live doesn’t have to be one of them.
Finding somewhere to live in a new city is a logistical exercise that takes some sorting out. It will generally require a trip to the city in question for a visit, to check out the property and to see where it is in relation to everything else. It may require a return visit to sign the paperwork if you’re not lucky enough to do it the same day.
Corporate Housing as a Base of Operations
One of the advantages of using corporate housing is the quality. Companies who send staff around the country expect a minimum standard of living for their people. Landlords know that their property has to be a certain standard otherwise it won’t be let.
Therefore, using a corporate property assures you of a minimum standard of living. That’s something you could never guarantee with a standard rental. Anyone who spent any time in college will tell you, rented properties come in all shapes, sizes and levels of habitability!
If you’re brave, that means you won’t need an inspection visit, the arrangements can be made over the internet, post or phone, and the whole process is taken care of in one fell swoop.
Having secured somewhere to live that will be fit for habitation and won’t cost the earth is how moving to a new city using corporate housing can be stress-free. If nothing else, you have a roof over your head and somewhere to use as a base to explore your new home. There are few accommodation options that can provide that within a decent budget.